Advice and training
Contact the Ombudsman for help to answer questions, improve processes, and develop training.
On this page
What the Ombudsman helps with
The Ombudsman can give you advice, clarification, or training on:
- the OIA or LGOIMA
- good administration and decision-making
- proactive release of information
- developing policies and procedures
- managing unreasonable complainant conduct
- developing or changing your internal complaints handling process.
How to ask for help
Get in touch to ask for advice or training. The Ombudsman can provide general advice on specific OIA or LGOIMA requests, but won't tell you what decision to take in case they have to review it later.
Phone: 0800 802 602
For training, the Ombudsman will work with you to tailor a session that meets your needs. If your team has specific accessibility needs please mention this when you make contact.
Most used guides:
See resources for agencies to get guidance on other topics.