Advice and training
Contact us when you need help, and we can work with you to answer questions, improve processes, and develop training.
On this page
What we help with
We can give you advice, clarification, or training on:
- the OIA or LGOIMA
- good administration and decision making
- proactive release of information
- development of policies and procedures
- managing unreasonable complainant conduct
- developing or changing your internal complaints handling process.
How to ask for help
Contact us to ask for advice or training. We can provide general advice on specific OIA or LGOIMA requests, but we won't tell you what decision to take in case the Ombudsman has to review it later.
Phone: 0800 802 602
For training, we’ll work with you to tailor a session that meets your needs. If your team has specific accessibility needs please let us know when you contact us.
Most used guides:
See our resources for agencies to get guidance on other topics.