Open main menu Close main menu

Complain for someone else

Getting permission

Anyone can be a representative, including whānau, a support person or a friend.

If you want someone to make a complaint for you – or you want to represent someone – you  will need to provide a document with the following text:

I agree that [name of representative] can act for me in a complaint against [the organisation], and provide and receive information about the complaint.

[Name and address of the complainant]

[Signature of the complainant]

You can use your own document, write these words and send us a photo or use the template at the bottom of this page.

Sending authorisation

You can upload the authorisation document when you make a complaint on this website, email it or post it.

If you’ve already sent your complaint and have a reference number, please add that.

How to make a complaint

Email: [email protected]

Post: PO Box 10152, Wellington 6143

Removing authorisation

If the person with the complaint doesn’t want a representative anymore, they can remove the authorisation at any time.

Either of you can phone, email, or send a letter saying so.

Last updated