Proactive release: Good practices for proactive release of official information
- explains what proactive release is;
- describes the benefits of proactive release; and
- identifies some good practices in proactive release.
It is not intended to be a comprehensive guide to proactive release, but to pull together the Ombudsman’s previous guidance on this subject.
It complements existing guidance by:
- the State Services Commission (SSC): see Proactive release guidance and Practical tips; and
- the Cabinet Office: see CO 18 (4) Proactive Release of Cabinet Material
The guide is intended to be updated over time, so contact us if you have any feedback or questions.