The OIA and the Inquiries Act 2013
This guide aims to answer questions about how the Inquiries Act 2013 interacts with the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA).
This guide discusses:
- the background to the Inquiries Act
- some key provisions of the Inquiries Act
- information held by inquiries, and when that might be subject to the OIA
- information held by other government agencies
- information that is excluded from the OIA (to which the OIA will not apply, even if it is held by an agency subject to the Act)
- reasons for refusal that are likely to be relevant in this context.