Making official information requests: A guide for requesters
If you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
This guide sets out what information you can ask for, how to go about it and what the agency is required to do in responding to your information request.
The guide covers:
- Who can request official information?
- Who can I request official information from?
- What is official information?
- Special categories of official information
- What is not official information?
- Making a request
- An agency's consideration of your request
- Making a decision on your request
- Releasing information
- What to do if you are unhappy about the response to your request
- Tips for making requests
- A template request letter