The OIA and draft documents: A guide to how the OIA applies to requests for draft documents
This guide explains some of the most common reasons why it can sometimes be necessary to withhold draft documents.
These reasons relate to the free and frank opinions and confidentiality withholding grounds in the OIA and LGOIMA.
The guide covers:
- What is a draft document?
- Are draft documents official information?
- Requests received during the drafting process
- The need to withhold
- The public interest in release
- Misleading or inaccurate information
- General principles