Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet Part 4
- Deactivate facet Section 2
- Deactivate facet Section 6
- Deactivate facet Section 12
- Deactivate facet Section 14
- Deactivate facet Section 15A
- Deactivate facet Section 16
- Deactivate facet Charging
- Deactivate facet Conditions
- Deactivate facet Maintenance of the law
- Deactivate facet Transfer
4 Resources Show all
The OIA for Ministers and agencies: A guide to processing official information requestsOfficial informationThe purpose of this guide is to assist Ministers and government agencies in recognising and responding to requests for official information under the OIA.
Making official information requests: A guide for requestersOfficial informationIf you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Dealing with OIA requests involving Ministers: A guide to transfer, consultation, and the notification of decisions on OIA requestsOfficial informationThis guide provides advice for agencies dealing with OIA requests where Ministers might need to be involved.
Conclusive reasons for refusing requests: A guide to the conclusive withholding grounds in section 6 of the OIA and LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to section 6 of the OIA and LGOIMA, which provides conclusive reasons for withholding official information. These reasons are not subject to a public interest test.