Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet 2019
- Deactivate facet Part 4
- Deactivate facet Section 2
- Deactivate facet Section 15A
- Deactivate facet Section 16
- Deactivate facet Section 18
- Deactivate facet Guides
- Deactivate facet Charging
- Deactivate facet Due particularity
- Deactivate facet Frivolous or vexatious
- Deactivate facet Local Government
- Deactivate facet Part 4 requests
4 Resources Show all
The OIA for Ministers and agencies: A guide to processing official information requestsOfficial informationThe purpose of this guide is to assist Ministers and government agencies in recognising and responding to requests for official information under the OIA.
Making official information requests: A guide for requestersOfficial informationIf you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Requests by corporate entities for their personal information: A guide to Part 4 of the OIA and LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to Part 4 requests made under the OIA and LGOIMA.
Frivolous, vexatious and trivial: A guide to section 18(h) of the OIA and section 17(h) of the LGOIMAOfficial informationUnder section 18(h) of the OIA (17(h) of the LGOIMA) a request can be refused if it is frivolous or vexatious, or the information is trivial.