Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet 2019
- Deactivate facet Section 2
- Deactivate facet Section 12
- Deactivate facet Section 14
- Deactivate facet Section 18
- Deactivate facet Official information
- Deactivate facet Frivolous or vexatious
- Deactivate facet Part 4 requests
- Deactivate facet Substantial collation or research
3 Resources Show all
- Official information
If you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Substantial collation or research: A guide to section 18(f) of the OIA and section 17(f) of the LGOIMAOfficial informationSection 18(f) of the OIA (section 17(f) of the LGOIMA) is one of a number of mechanisms under the Act for dealing with requests for information that are administratively challenging to meet.
Frivolous, vexatious and trivial: A guide to section 18(h) of the OIA and section 17(h) of the LGOIMAOfficial informationUnder section 18(h) of the OIA (17(h) of the LGOIMA) a request can be refused if it is frivolous or vexatious, or the information is trivial.