Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet 2019
- Deactivate facet Section 5
- Deactivate facet Section 9
- Deactivate facet Section 12
- Deactivate facet Section 14
- Deactivate facet Section 16
- Deactivate facet Section 18
- Deactivate facet Conditions
- Deactivate facet Delay
- Deactivate facet Due particularity
- Deactivate facet Legal professional privilege
- Deactivate facet Transfer
4 Resources Show all
The OIA for Ministers and agencies: A guide to processing official information requestsOfficial informationThe purpose of this guide is to assist Ministers and government agencies in recognising and responding to requests for official information under the OIA.
Making official information requests: A guide for requestersOfficial informationIf you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Dealing with OIA requests involving Ministers: A guide to transfer, consultation, and the notification of decisions on OIA requestsOfficial informationThis guide provides advice for agencies dealing with OIA requests where Ministers might need to be involved.
Legal professional privilege: A guide to section 9(2)(h) of the OIA and section 7(2)(g) of the LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to the legal professional privilege withholding ground found in section 9(2)(h) of the OIA and section 7(2)(g) of the LGOIMA.