Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet Section 2
- Deactivate facet Section 9
- Deactivate facet Section 12
- Deactivate facet Section 14
- Deactivate facet Section 24
- Deactivate facet Section 26
- Deactivate facet Delay
- Deactivate facet Local Government
- Deactivate facet Part 4 requests
- Deactivate facet Trade secrets
- Deactivate facet Transfer
5 Resources Show all
The OIA for Ministers and agencies: A guide to processing official information requestsOfficial informationThe purpose of this guide is to assist Ministers and government agencies in recognising and responding to requests for official information under the OIA.
Making official information requests: A guide for requestersOfficial informationIf you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Requests by corporate entities for their personal information: A guide to Part 4 of the OIA and LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to Part 4 requests made under the OIA and LGOIMA.
Dealing with OIA requests involving Ministers: A guide to transfer, consultation, and the notification of decisions on OIA requestsOfficial informationThis guide provides advice for agencies dealing with OIA requests where Ministers might need to be involved.
Commercial information: A guide to sections 9(2)(b) and 9(2)(i) of the OIA and sections 7(2)(b) and 7(2)(h) of the LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to the commercial withholding grounds in sections 9(2)(b) and 9(2)(i) of the OIA and sections 7(2)(b) and 7(2)(h) of the LGOIMA.