Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet 2019
- Deactivate facet Section 6
- Deactivate facet Section 13
- Deactivate facet Section 17
- Deactivate facet Section 44
- Deactivate facet Guides
- Deactivate facet Charging
- Deactivate facet Extension
- Deactivate facet Frivolous or vexatious
- Deactivate facet Part 4 requests
- Deactivate facet Public excluded meetings
3 Resources Show all
The LGOIMA for local government agencies: A guide to processing requests and conducting meetingsOfficial informationThe purpose of this guide is to assist local government agencies in recognising and responding to requests for official information under the LGOIMA.
Making official information requests: A guide for requestersOfficial informationIf you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Frivolous, vexatious and trivial: A guide to section 18(h) of the OIA and section 17(h) of the LGOIMAOfficial informationUnder section 18(h) of the OIA (17(h) of the LGOIMA) a request can be refused if it is frivolous or vexatious, or the information is trivial.