Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987
- Deactivate facet Section 5
- Deactivate facet Section 15A
- Deactivate facet Section 18
- Deactivate facet Section 26
- Deactivate facet Section 27
- Deactivate facet Due particularity
- Deactivate facet Local Government
- Deactivate facet Part 4 requests
- Deactivate facet Public excluded meetings
5 Resources Show all
The OIA for Ministers and agencies: A guide to processing official information requestsOfficial informationThe purpose of this guide is to assist Ministers and government agencies in recognising and responding to requests for official information under the OIA.
The LGOIMA for local government agencies: A guide to processing requests and conducting meetingsOfficial informationThe purpose of this guide is to assist local government agencies in recognising and responding to requests for official information under the LGOIMA.
Making official information requests: A guide for requestersOfficial informationIf you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Requests by corporate entities for their personal information: A guide to Part 4 of the OIA and LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to Part 4 requests made under the OIA and LGOIMA.
Changes to the LGOIMA, including ‘working day’ definitionOfficial informationChanges to the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA) which came into effect on 21 March 2019 will affect ‘working day’ calculations for LGOIMA. This guidance explains those changes in more detail.