Resources for agencies
He rauemi mō ngā umanga
Search agency-specific guidance materials including template letters and worksheets.
Most used guidance:
- The OIA for Ministers and agencies
- The LGOIMA for local government agencies
- Managing unreasonable complainant conduct.
Can't find it here? Search the full collection of resources.
- Deactivate facet 2019
- Deactivate facet Section 2
- Deactivate facet Section 6
- Deactivate facet Section 10
- Deactivate facet Section 17
- Deactivate facet Section 26
- Deactivate facet Guides
- Deactivate facet Frivolous or vexatious
- Deactivate facet International relations
- Deactivate facet Maintenance of the law
- Deactivate facet Part 4 requests
4 Resources Show all
- Official information
If you are seeking information from a Minister, or central or local government agency, you may be able to ask for it under either the OIA or LGOIMA.
Requests by corporate entities for their personal information: A guide to Part 4 of the OIA and LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to Part 4 requests made under the OIA and LGOIMA.
Conclusive reasons for refusing requests: A guide to the conclusive withholding grounds in section 6 of the OIA and LGOIMAOfficial informationThis is a guide to section 6 of the OIA and LGOIMA, which provides conclusive reasons for withholding official information. These reasons are not subject to a public interest test.
Frivolous, vexatious and trivial: A guide to section 18(h) of the OIA and section 17(h) of the LGOIMAOfficial informationUnder section 18(h) of the OIA (17(h) of the LGOIMA) a request can be refused if it is frivolous or vexatious, or the information is trivial.