Advice and guidance
We’re not just here for when things go wrong between agencies and their stakeholders or customers. We’re also available to provide advice and guidance to agencies before they make decisions or develop new policies and processes, so we can hopefully lessen the likelihood of complaints being made in the future.
Contact us if:
- You’re working on legislation that is relevant to or would impact on the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction
- You’re reviewing or developing policies and procedures, and want to ensure they follow best administrative practice
- You’re reviewing or developing your agency’s internal complaints handling process
- You need advice or clarification of the law in relation to an official information request
- You're planning to release information proactively and you need advice about how to do this.
We’re happy to provide general advice on the official information legislation and the types of things you’ll need to take into account with a particular request. However, we won’t tell you what decision to take in order to preserve our impartiality should we later be asked to review that decision.
Back to top ↑