Ombudsman's Office celebrates 50 years Loading Comments…
September 30, 2012
The Office of the Ombudsman will mark its 50th anniversary on 1 October 2012 by running a Good Governance Week.
We’re celebrating reaching the 50 year mark with a “Good Governance Week”, running from Monday 1 October – Friday 5 October 2012. The purpose of Good Governance Week is to highlight the need for good governance practices across the state sector, as well as to celebrate and raise public awareness of the role of the Ombudsman in improving state sector administrative practices. There’ll be a programme of events across the week, including:
- Monday 1 October – we're releasing a guide on good decision making
- Tuesday 2 October – we’re releasing a guide on effective complaint handling
- Wednesday 3 October - we’re releasing a guide aimed at employees who want to report serious wrongdoing in or by their organisation (otherwise known as “blowing the whistle”)
- Thursday 4 October – we’re releasing our first online videos, explaining the various roles of the Ombudsman in New Zealand Sign Language
- Friday 5 October – we’re releasing a full practice manual and a short guide on managing unreasonable complainant conduct, which was developed in conjunction with our Australian Ombudsman colleagues.
Enquiries about Good Governance Week can be made to email@example.com.
Read the media release here.Back to top ↑